TBEM is a “Customised-to-Tata” adaptation of the globally renowned Malcolm Balridge model. The TBEM philosophy has been molded to deliver a combination of strategic direction and concerted efforts to maximize business performance.
The Criteria have three important roles in strengthening competitiveness:
TBEM Criteria is designed to help organizations use an integrated approach to organizational performance management that results in
- To help improve organizational performance practices, capabilities, and results
- To facilitate communication and sharing of best practices information among all organizations within TATA Group.
- To help in guiding organizational planning and opportunities for learning
- Delivery of ever-improving value to customers and stakeholders, contributing to organizational sustainability
- Improvement of overall organizational effectiveness and capabilities
- Organizational and personal learning
The model focuses on seven core of operation:
- Strategic Planning
- Customer & market focus
- Measurement, analysis & knowledge management
- Human resource focus
- Process management and
- Business results.
Performance is measured in absolute points, companies have to achieve a minimum of 500 points (out of 1000) within four years of singing the BEBP agreement. JRD QV award is given to organization, who cross 600 points first time in their journey towards excellence.